Atlas Travel Medical Insurance Terrorism Coverage
Atlas Travel Medical Insurance is an insurance policy designed for international travelers from around the world. Atlas travel insurance includes comprehensive medical, emergency evacuation and essential travel benefits that provide financial protection to international travelers against different kinds of risks you can encounter while traveling outside of your home country.
If during your overseas travel you are affected by a terror attack, Atlas Travel Medical Insurance covers eligible medical expenses for treatment of injuries and illnesses resulting from an Act of Terrorism, up to the limit set forth in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits.
source: Atlas Travel Description of Coverage
Atlas insurance does not cover injury or illness resulting from the use of any biological, chemical, cyber, radioactive nuclear agent, material, device or weapon.
You are not covered if you have direct or indirect involvement in the Act of Terrorism. You are not covered if you travel to or failed to depart a country or location where U.S. Department of State has issued a level 3 or level 4 travel advisory.
YOU ARE COVERED:
1. Eligible Medical Expenses for treatment of injuries and illnesses resulting from an Act of Terrorism, up to the limit set forth in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits, provided all of the following conditions are met.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED unless you fulfill the following conditions:
- The injury or illness does not result from the use of any biological, chemical, cyber, radioactive or nuclear agent, material, device or weapon;
- You have no direct or indirect involvement in the Act of Terrorism;
- The Act of Terrorism is not in a country or location where U.S. Department of State has issued a level 3 or level 4 travel advisory that has been in effect within the 6 months immediately prior to your date of arrival; and
- You have not failed to depart a country or location within 10 days following the date a level 3 or level 4 travel advisory for that country or location is issued by the United States government.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED IF:
1. Loss, damage, cost or expense directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any of the following regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss, damage, cost or expense:
a. War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to an uprising, military or usurped power;
b. The use of any biological, chemical, cyber, radioactive or nuclear agent, material, device or weapon; however, this exclusion shall not apply where you are exposed to nuclear radioactive and/or radioactive material for the purpose of medical treatment;
c. Any Act of Terrorism, not specifically covered above;
d. Coverage for loss, damage, cost or expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any action taken in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to (a), (b) or (c) above; or
e. Expenses arise directly or indirectly from anything in the General Exclusions.
For the purpose of this insurance, an “Act of Terrorism” means an act, including but not limited to, the use of force or violence and/or the threat thereof, of any person or group(s) of persons, whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organization(s) or government(s) committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public, or any section of the public, in fear.
If we allege that by reason of this exclusion, any loss, damage, cost or expense is not covered by this insurance, the burden of proving the contrary shall be upon you.
In the event any portion of this exclusion is found to be invalid or unenforceable , the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
Cyber means the use or operations, as a means for inflicting harm, of any computer, computer software program, malicious code, computer virus or process or any other electronic system.
source: Atlas Travel Description of Coverage
Atlas Travel Medical Insurance has comprehensive medical benefits that pays eligible medical expenses if you experience an unexpected illness or injury while traveling abroad. Atlas insurance provides worldwide coverage. In the event of a medical emergency, you are free to go to doctors, hospitals, or other health care providers of your choice.
If you need to get medical treatment while visiting the U.S., you have access to nationwide Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) networks of doctors and hospitals in all 50 states. More about How to Use Atlas Trave Medical Insurance If You Need Medical Care While Visiting the United States?
Tokio Marine HCC- MIS Group works with EQUIAN International Provider Network to maintain relationships with hospitals and doctors throughout the world. You may visit EQUIAN International Provider Network to locate a healthcare provider in your country. More about How to use Atlas Travel Medical Insurance If You Need Medical Care While Traveling Abroad?
You have access to Tokio Marine HCC–MIS Group’s travel and medical assistance services such as health provider referrals, medical monitoring, prescription drug replacement, translation and interpretation assistance, and more.