Atlas Travel Medical Insurance Personal Liability Coverage
Atlas Travel Medical Insurance is an insurance policy designed for international travelers from around the world. Atlas travel insurance includes comprehensive medical, emergency evacuation and essential travel benefits that provide financial protection to international travelers against different kinds of risks you can encounter while traveling outside of your home country.
While traveling abroad, if you get into an accident, you are found at fault, and become legally liable to pay damages to another person who is suffering loss for: accidental bodily injury to a 3rd person which results in the person’s death, illness or disease, or accidental loss or damage of a 3rd person’s property, or accidental loss or damage of a related 3rd person’s property.
If you become legally liable to pay damages, Atlas Travel Medical Insurance provides Personal Liability benefit that covers your legal liability payment of compensation, legal costs and expenses for settling or defending the personal liability claim made against you, up to the amount indicated in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits.
YOU ARE COVERED:
Up to the sum insured shown in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits (inclusive of legal costs and expenses) if you become legally liable to pay damages in respect of:
- Accidental bodily injury, including death, illness and disease to a third person; and/or
- Accidental loss of or damage to a third person’s material property (property that is both material and tangible); and/or
- Accidental loss of or damage to a related third person’s material property (property that is both material and tangible).
YOU ARE NOT COVERED unless you fulfill the following conditions:
- You or your legal representatives will give us written notice immediately if you have received notice of any prosecution or inquest in connection with any circumstances which may give rise to liability
under this section.
- No admission, offer, promise, payment or indemnity shall be made by or on behalf of you without our prior written consent.
- Every claim notice, letter, writ or process or other document served on you shall be forwarded to us and immediately upon receipt.
- We shall be entitled to take over and conduct in your name the defense or settlement of any claim or to prosecute in your name for our own benefit any claim for indemnity or damages against all other parties or persons.
- We may at any time pay you in connection with any claim or series of claims the sum insured (after deduction of any sums already paid as compensation) or any lesser amount for which such claim(s) can be settled. Once this payment is made we shall relinquish the conduct and control and be under no further liability in connection with such claim(s) except for the payment of costs and expenses recoverable or incurred prior to the date of such payment.
- We will consider paying or advancing, but without any obligation or contractual duty to do so, up to $2,500 to you or for your benefit to settle and compromise an asserted claim against you so long as:
a. The asserted claim is one that may be eligible for coverage under this insurance;
b. A lawsuit has not yet been filed, or, if already filed, no response has been filed;
c.You obtain a full written release and/or covenant-not-to-sue satisfactory to us; and
d. A full proof of claim and other necessary documentation is satisfactorily provided to us.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR:
- Intentionally committed acts, or arising from the influence of alcohol or drugs not medically prescribed by a licensed physician;
- Bodily injury, illness or disease of any person under a contract of employment, service or apprenticeship with you when the bodily injury, illness or disease arises out of and in the course of their employment to you, or in connection with any trade, business or profession;
- Loss or damage to property belonging to or held in trust by or in the custody or control of you other than temporary accommodation occupied by you in the course of the trip;
- Bodily injury or damage caused directly or indirectly in connection with the ownership, possession or use by you or on behalf of you of: aircraft, hovercraft, watercraft, motorized vehicles, parachute, parasail, glider, firearms, fireworks, explosives, deadly weapons, or any racing activity;
- Any damages, losses or claims caused in whole or in part by you during any hunt or as a result of hunting;
- Bodily injury caused directly or indirectly in connection with the ownership, possession or occupation of land or buildings, immobile property or caravans or trailers;
- Damages resulting from any fire, flood, wind, hail, waterleak, gas leak, explosion or other catastrophe;
- Fraudulent, dishonest or criminal acts of you or any person authorised by you;
- The consequences of any breach, violation or failure to perform any contractual undertakings or obligations, whether verbal or in writing;
- Punitive or exemplary damages, or fines, penalties, assessments or claims by any governmental authorities or regulatory bodies;
- Gambling, gaming, or betting of any kind;
- Animals or pets belonging to you, or in your care, custody or control;
- Expenses arise directly or indirectly from anything in the General Exclusions.
Third Person means any individual, natural person, or other legal entity or person, other than you or a related third person.
Related Third Person means your relative, your traveling companion, your traveling companion’s relative, and any other person, individual or family member with whom you are residing or being hosted.
source: Atlas Travel Description of Coverage
If you need help with medical or travel emergencies while traveling abroad, you have access to Tokio Marine HCC-MIS Group World Service Center for Travel and Medical Assistance Services.
You must file a claim for any expenses to be paid by HCC-MIS. Keep the original receipts for any expenses which have already been paid by you or on your behalf as proof of claim.
You may send all claim related documents through ClientZone, email to email@example.com , or mail to:
Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group
Box No. 2005
Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2005