Atlas Travel Medical Insurance Crisis Response Coverage
Atlas Travel Medical Insurance is an insurance policy designed for international travelers from around the world. Atlas travel insurance includes comprehensive medical, emergency evacuation and essential travel benefits that provide financial protection to international travelers against different kinds of risks you can encounter while traveling outside of your home country.
If you are a target for kidnap and ransom by terrorists, drug cartels or other criminal organizations, Atlas Travel Medical Insurance provides Crisis Response benefit that pays for your ransom, surrendered personal belongings, crisis response expenses and fees, up to the amount indicated in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits.
source: Atlas Travel Description of Coverage
Tokio Marine HCC-MIS Group works with Unity Advisory Group/ On Call International for crisis response. Unity Advisory Group has 24/7 Response Operations Center, experienced crisis management experts can advise and support your family while working on negotiations and resolution strategies.
If you fall victim to kidnapping during travel, you or your family member/ friend/ associate should notify local police or other law enforcement agencies, and notify Unity Advisory Group/ On Call International via Tokio Marine HCC-MIS.
You must at all times use best efforts to ensure that knowledge of the existence of Atlas insurance is restricted as far as possible.
Learn more about why travelers need crisis response coverage.
YOU ARE COVERED:
1. Ransom; and/or
2. Crisis Response Fees and Expenses; and/or
3. Personal Belongings
KIDNAPPING AND EXPRESS KIDNAPPING
YOU ARE NOT COVERED unless you fulfill the following conditions:
1. Notification: Before surrendering a ransom, the person authorizing the surrender shall have notified or made every reasonable attempt to notify:
a. The Federal Bureau of Investigation or local law enforcement agencies as soon as practicable bearing in mind the safety of the person(s) held or threatened; and
b. Unity Advisory Group / On Call International via us.
2. The surrender of a ransom must not be:
a. Carried by, transported by or otherwise in your possession at the time that an express kidnapping or kidnapping first occurs; or
b. At the location where an express kidnapping or kidnapping first occurs, unless brought to such location for the sole purpose of conveying a previously communicated ransom demand.
3. Confidentiality: You must at all times use best efforts to ensure that knowledge of the existence of this insurance is restricted as far as possible.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED IF:
1. Any kidnapping or express kidnapping first occurs in Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, or any country for which we are prohibited from transaction due to sanctions by the United States Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
2. Any express kidnapping or kidnapping is a result of fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act(s) by you or an authorized representative (whether acting alone or in collusion with others) unless the person authorizing the ransom payment had, prior to payment, made every reasonable attempt to determine that the ransom demand or threat was genuine.
3. Expenses arise directly or indirectly from anything in the General Exclusions.
Limits of Liability:
1. Certificate Period Aggregate: Our total liability for all insured losses shall not exceed the certificate period aggregate set forth herein.
2. In the event that you are covered by two or more policies issued by us covering insured losses arising from a kidnapping or express kidnapping, it is agreed that our aggregate liability for insured losses sustained by you shall not be cumulative and shall in no event exceed the largest amount available under any one of the policies.
Valuation: We shall not be liable for more than the actual cash value of any consideration at the time of its surrender. If insured losses involve currency other than that of the United States of America, we shall not be liable for more than the United States Dollar equivalent of foreign currency based on the rate of exchange in the Wall Street Journal in effect on the day the monies are surrendered and/or expense incurred.
Crisis Response Fees and Expenses means all fees and expenses of Unity Advisory Group / On Call International related to your kidnapping or express kidnapping.
Express Kidnapping means the actual or attempted abduction and holding of you against your will where your personal belongings and/or readily available assets are surrendered by you in exchange for your release.
Kidnapping means the actual, alleged, or attempted abduction and holding of you against your will by a person or persons who demand a ransom specifically from your assets in exchange for your release.
Insured Losses means covered losses and expenses consisting of the following: ransom, personal belongings, and/or crisis response fees and expenses.
Personal Belongings means monies and/or property of monetary value that are:
1. Being carried or transported by you when an express kidnapping or kidnapping first occurs; and
2. Are surrendered during the course of an express kidnapping or kidnapping.
Ransom means monies and/or other consideration of monetary value that are surrendered or to be surrendered by you or on your behalf to meet an express kidnapping or kidnapping demand.
source: Atlas Travel Description of Coverage
If you need help with medical or travel emergencies while traveling abroad, you have access to Tokio Marine HCC-MIS Group World Service Center for Travel and Medical Assistance Services.
You must file a claim for any expenses to be paid by HCC-MIS. Keep the original receipts for any expenses which have already been paid by you or on your behalf as proof of claim.
You may send all claim related documents through ClientZone, email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail to:
Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group
Box No. 2005
Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2005