Atlas Travel Medical Insurance Border Entry Protection Coverage
Atlas Travel Medical Insurance is an insurance policy designed for international travelers from around the world. Atlas travel insurance includes comprehensive medical, emergency evacuation and essential travel benefits that provide financial protection to international travelers against different kinds of risks you can encounter while traveling outside of your home country.
B2-visa is a type of visitor visa for people who want to enter the United Sates temporarily for tourism, vacation, visiting friends or relatives, etc.
If you travel to the U.S. on a valid B-2 Visitor Visa, on arrival you will first meet an officer of Customs and Border Protection who conducts inspection process to determine your admissibility. If you are denied entry to the United States at the border by customs officials, Atlas Travel Medical Insurance provides Border Entry Protection benefit that reimburses for the cost of an economy one-way air or ground transportation ticket or common carrier change fee to your country of origin, up to the amount indicated in the Schedule of Benefits.
BORDER ENTRY PROTECTION
YOU ARE COVERED:
If you are traveling on a Visitor Visa B-2 for tourism, for visiting family or friends, or on holiday, and you are denied entry to the United States at the border by customs officials:
- Reimbursement for the cost of an economy one-way air or ground transportation ticket to the original country of origin; or
- Common carrier change fee to the original country of origin less the amount credited for any unused portion of the return travel arrangements.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED unless you fulfill the following conditions:
- You must return to the country of origin; and
- You must not be a citizen or of the United States, have home country of the United States, and/or have permanent residency in the United States.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED IF:
- You are traveling to the United States without a Visitor Visa B-2, or you are travelling illegally; or
- You are from a country named on any active executive order at the time of purchase; or
- You are on the United States terror watch list; or
- You were denied entry to the United States upon arrival or while en route to the United States because you have violated any rule, law, condition of or guideline regarding the visa upon which you are traveling; or
- You are visiting the United States for medical treatment, participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if compensation is received; or
- You are visiting the United States for studies that receive credits towards a degree; or
- You committed a crime en route or upon entry to the United States which caused or would have caused you to be returned to your country of origin; or
- The United States government or the common carrier has paid, offered to pay, or will pay for your repatriation to your country of origin; or
- You have an unused return ticket or credit issued by the common carrier. If credit is not used, the amount reimbursed will be reduced by the amount of the credit.
Country of Origin means the country you were in when you first departed for the United States.
Executive Order means a rule or order issued by the United States President on how federal agencies are to use their resources and having the force of law.
source: Atlas Travel Description of Coverage
If you need help with medical or travel emergencies while traveling abroad, you have access to Tokio Marine HCC-MIS Group World Service Center for Travel and Medical Assistance Services.
You must file a claim for any expenses to be paid by HCC-MIS. Keep the original receipts for any expenses which have already been paid by you or on your behalf as proof of claim.
You may send all claim related documents through ClientZone, email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail to:
Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group
Box No. 2005
Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2005